On a more personal note, I participated in the White Coat and Honor Code Ceremony to become an official member of the medical profession, albeit I am still only a student-doctor and only started dissecting my first cadaver on Wednesday. Here are a few pictures from during and after the ceremony.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Political Progression...
With the possibility of having this country's first black president or first female vice president, I would like to hear what people have to say about it. I have never been very informed of political issues, but being in DC seems to have stuck me right in the middle of things. While doing my laundry, I watched Michelle Obama's speech because it was on the TV and everyone else wanted to watch it and while cleaning up my living room, I happened to fall on a channel where I heard Sarah Palin's speech and then a Biden/Obama speech in Dublin, OH. I would like to hear people's ideas on some of the plans of the presidential nominees for the two major parties. Anything you have to say will be fine. Let me know what you think. Inform me of the issues. Just leave me a comment and I'll take a look. Thanks for helping me become more informed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I was wondering why nobody commented on our blog about politics. I thought that maybe nobody that comes to our blog had any opinion. I guess they were just too busy expressing their views elsewhere...check out my cousin's blog and the crazy amounts of comments: http://paulamy.blogspot.com/2008/08/obamas-to-lose_27.html
Being a conservative myself, the thought of Barack Obama, the 1st most liberal senator of 2007, and Joe Biden, the 3rd most liberal senator of 2007, is frightening. If a spot were to open up on the Supreme Court, we know what views that newly appointed person would have, and that could spell danger in having a liberal majority. I would fear there would be some "legislating from the bench," if that were to occur. Roe v. Wade all over again but in a whole conglomerate of other areas.
The other big thing for me is that Obama and democrats in general push for more socialistic policies, and Mccain and most republicans push for more capitalistic policies. I am all for capitalism.
Oh, if you want a lot of comments, say something controversial, or take a strong stance on something controversial, and you will get an earful from those having the opposite point of view...
Well, I dunno. Nobody's said much about my blog, but I don't think anyone reads it. :) Here's a link to one I posted a couple of weeks ago about such things:
http://cathryn8.blogspot.com/2008/08/why-im-voting-for-obama.html
I guess the title kind of gives my current leanings away... :)
Ok so, I think this may get me in trouble...you know me & my over opinionated ideas- I will say however...Alaska is one of the most well run states I have had the pleasure of living in (sorry D.C). I have heard so many derogatory comments about Sara Palin from both parties & honestly.....I am not basing my political views on the way someone rears their family. Believe me! (I always think of the story in the bible about the adulterous woman & who is going to cast the first stone!??)Anyway, I was at first, worried about the announcement of Sara Palin & then listened to her speech. I have also listened to Obama & he is definitely a very good orator, but my views on politics are not his.
Honestly, I would probably not have the space to list them & why I am against them-but thank goodness for opinions, It is what our great nation was built on! Although I don't think it is really going to matter who is put in office, things will be getting worse-we have no real control over that! we are just asked to be prepared. So now that I have totally digressed for the original question. So excited for you guys & school-ooohhh cadavers....the
"real human bodies" exhibit here! cool huh.....
Thanks Ryan and Leah! Good point about saying something controversial. I'll think of something. Thanks to you too Cathryn, I read your blog about why you like Obama. Good points, but I've heard a lot of good points from a lot of people on both sides. I think I'm leaning towards Mccain, but I'm still not sure. I think I want to inform myself more and wait for the debates. Anyone else that wants to give their opinions can go right ahead and do it. Hey Ellen, Thanks for the comment, also.
I didn't comment because I have learned not to mix politics with family! Besides the fact that we think very differently from the rest of the family (we lean towards the Democrats). And on top of that I am Canadian, so really my opinion doesn't really matter since I can't vote anyway!
Good luck with your decision. It is awesome that you are really looking into the issues for yourself.
Post a Comment