It has been a while since Anna had a turn at writing on our blog. So here are a few things from her perspective.
Lillie is getting too mobile for her age. Since she started crawling and pulling herself up a month and a half ago she is determined to learn to walk now. We are to the point where she will come to the sofa, pull herself up and take one or two steps to you before she chickens out. For my sake I hope she stays a chicken for a few more months. But for only 9 months she is really brave. She is now getting a good set of hair on her head I can take the back in put it into little pig tails.
Here are a few pix of her hair in the tub her hair is pretty light without it being wet.
I finally met another mom that shares my pain in the getting baby to sleep realm. It makes me feel so much better that there is someone else out there that has a baby that just has to cry out some energy to get to sleep.
So far we really love it here. In sq footage our apartment is only 2X the size of our old place (for those of you how ever visited us in Provo that's not saying much) but it really feels so much bigger. I love it.
There is a running trail that starts just a block from our apartment. It is a straight path without any seams in the pavement. It runs through a wooded area right by a stream for about four miles not ever hitting an intersection. I love to take Lillie over and we can jog consistently with a nice smooth ride for the stroller for miles.
I have been having a bit of a difficult time getting to know my neighbors. I have only met a few that speak english. Most of the people that live in our apartment complex are from the middle east and are Muslum or Hindi. Why did I never take pakastani in college?
Lillie and I have had a lot of opportunites to meet new people. There were a lot of peole we have met from the ward. The ward is so much bigger then I would have imagined. For example the relief society itself is so large that we meet in the chappel every sunday. During Sacrament meeting all the benches are full, people sit in the choir seats, and half of the congregation is in the overflow. There are no young men to serve or pass the sacrament. The ward is made up of mid-single adults and young families. The oldest child I have seen there looked around ten.
There is a group through the school called med-families. We went to the opening social yesterday it was so much fun to meet other families going through the same things. And LDS people must be the only ones crazy enough to have children in med school because out of the 15 or so families there all were LDS. 
This is Lillie making friends with another 9 month old at the MedFamilies activity
Mikey has been so busy we haven't had the chance to do the tourist thing yet. Mike's dad come to visit this weekend for a buisness trip and we took the chance to go site seeing with the history buff.
Mikey has been so busy we haven't had the chance to do the tourist thing yet. Mike's dad come to visit this weekend for a buisness trip and we took the chance to go site seeing with the history buff.
Here we are at the Lincoln Memorial.
We also took a tour of the capital building.
We walked over to the new WWII memorial.
5 comments:
I'm so glad you have found friends in the same boat in you ward
We found the same thing with pharmacy school their are very few that have kids that aren't Mormon
Hey guys! looks like you're having fun- I can't believe Lillie is starting to walk- here comes the fun :)
That picture of Lillie in the bathtub is adorable!
It's cool to have so many people your age in the ward. Nate and I don't even have that, that much, in Provo. Also, my friend gave me "solve you child's sleep problems" and I am liking it so far. Joey still wakes up a lot in the middle of the night and I am going crazy. it's by Richard Ferber, MD. You could read if you want.
That bathtub looks a lot better than your old one :)
Post a Comment