Thursday, September 25, 2008

Slowing Down - Speeding Up

My life has really slowed down since we moved here to Virgina. It has been raining today and Lillie and I couldn't go for a walk or go to the park. This is the high point of our day. I now have time to get caught up on the Twilight books, always stay up on our house work, make sure Mike always has enough food and that he has everything he needs for classes. This is a wonderful brake from the full time plus student, working part time, and juggling a new baby. I have really enjoyed getting to be with Lillie all day.

Mikey on the other hand may have fewer obligations with not working, but he is busier then ever. He seems even more busy then the semester he was working 30 hour a week, had 18 credits, and was taking a Kaplin MCAT prep class a few night a week.

I was just thinking about how since Mike and I have been married we have had extremely full lives. We have been unbelievable blessed with so much and I for one am so grateful for how hard we have had to work. We have learned so much from the trials and tests we have been through as a young couple starting a family and I wouldn't change a moment of it.

I have loved being married to my husband. He is such a wonderful, hard working man. He comes home every day after a long day of classes and study and makes sure he spends time with his family before continuing with his studies. We know that he loves us and we are so happy to support him through this time of our lives.

Mikey was officially sworn into the Navy yesterday, he is now En son Gardner of the U.S. Navy. Next summer he will be gone for 45 days for officer training. They will be taking care of the price of school, all of our insurance (including life insurance), the price of transportation to school, and then we will be getting a stipend that will cover the price of food and living expenses. This decision took a lot of prayer and pondering, but it it really has been the best thing we have done when it comes to our future.

No comments: