At 11am, 1pm, and 2pm every day the entire George Washington University School of Medicine shakes and rumbles, following loud sirens from across the street. If it wasn't expected, we would all be under our desks or between doorways, waiting for the ceiling to start falling. But, it's only underground blasts as part of a construction project in the heart of DC. Not but else to do but blow stuff up a little at a time, I guess. It's starting to become like a second watch for me because when the building shakes, I know that it's either 11:00, 1:00, or 2:00.
In addition to regular earthquakes like that, I was walking home the other day and saw several bright flashes in the distance as it was getting dark. I thought to myself, "Cool. Lightning" When I came inside, Anna was watching the TV and a big flash on the screen said "Tornado Warning" and it was going to pass through our area. Five minutes later they were saying to stay away from the windows and postpone traveling if possible, while we could see high winds and rains out the window. Luckily, it passed with no tornado or property damage, but that's something I've never had to deal with before. Kind of exciting. (and a little scary too).
Don't worry about us though, we're loving life, especially since we just survived my first round of exams. Time for a nice little break.
1 comment:
Way to go on surviving the first round of exams, only 873 left to go. :)
Post a Comment