Speaking of the local team winning, some more of my fellow med students and I played on an intramural indoor soccer team together. Lillie was our biggest fan (besides Anna). She actually became our mascot, which doesn't seem to make sense, since our team name was The Cadavers. If you can't see our team jerseys in the pic, they say: "The Cadavers...Still Kickin'..." with "GW Med" and our numbers on the back. We made it to playoffs, but lost. I had so much fun though! It was awesome to have Anna and Lillie cheer us on. I got to play keeper for a while and got some great exercise on the field too. I feel pretty out of shape though. Lillie is definitely gonna play soccer. We let her run around on the field before the game started and she couldn't stop smiling. When we had to start the game she kept trying to crawl out of mom's arms to reach for dad on the field. I hope we get to play again soon.Thursday, October 23, 2008
Lillie - The Soccer Fan!
So, we went to a DC United v. Chivas USA soccer game on the 4th of October. Several of my fellow med students and I got a sweet deal on tickets to the game, so I brought along the family. Lillie had a blast. There were 11-12 year old boys' and girls' soccer teams everywere. Some were sitting right behind us and had a blast with Lillie. As for watching the game, the adults probably didn't enjoy it as much because DC United lost 3-0. No big deal though, we still had a great time without our local team winning. Here's Lillie at the game.
Speaking of the local team winning, some more of my fellow med students and I played on an intramural indoor soccer team together. Lillie was our biggest fan (besides Anna). She actually became our mascot, which doesn't seem to make sense, since our team name was The Cadavers. If you can't see our team jerseys in the pic, they say: "The Cadavers...Still Kickin'..." with "GW Med" and our numbers on the back. We made it to playoffs, but lost. I had so much fun though! It was awesome to have Anna and Lillie cheer us on. I got to play keeper for a while and got some great exercise on the field too. I feel pretty out of shape though. Lillie is definitely gonna play soccer. We let her run around on the field before the game started and she couldn't stop smiling. When we had to start the game she kept trying to crawl out of mom's arms to reach for dad on the field. I hope we get to play again soon.
Speaking of the local team winning, some more of my fellow med students and I played on an intramural indoor soccer team together. Lillie was our biggest fan (besides Anna). She actually became our mascot, which doesn't seem to make sense, since our team name was The Cadavers. If you can't see our team jerseys in the pic, they say: "The Cadavers...Still Kickin'..." with "GW Med" and our numbers on the back. We made it to playoffs, but lost. I had so much fun though! It was awesome to have Anna and Lillie cheer us on. I got to play keeper for a while and got some great exercise on the field too. I feel pretty out of shape though. Lillie is definitely gonna play soccer. We let her run around on the field before the game started and she couldn't stop smiling. When we had to start the game she kept trying to crawl out of mom's arms to reach for dad on the field. I hope we get to play again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great team name! I have to say, you guys did better at naming your team than Jonny did with his intermural football med school team. But you will have to ask Paul about his med school soccer team's name...it was pretty creative too!
Glad to see Lilly and Anna are enjoying themselves. Aaron and I sure loving being official fans.
At least your team name wasn't "The Cadavers...REALLY STINK!"
Post a Comment