So I didn't realize it would take this much writing to actually tell about what we did for Christmas break. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal to do it all when we got back, but now I wish we would have done a post while we were in Cali. Oh well, here we are, still only half way done. I think I might just condense it and not include a ton of pictures. If you want more pictures than what's here you can email us or go to Anna's Facebook profile.
On Christmas day, we had waffles and ice cream for breakfast, a very yummy tradition that will never die out as long as I'm around. Here is what my plate looked like with sausage and all:
Then we sat together in the living room and opened presents while Lillie took a nap. This is my mom's living room, which she has changed drastically in the last few years, so it's quite different from when I was growing up. It looks nice though, just different.
Here is Lillie after she finally got one of her presents open. She woke up after everyone was done and opened her presents on her own. She is also wearing a very cute outfit that she got for Christmas from my brother and his family. Thanks again Marc and Heather.
The afternoon of Christmas, Eric Azevedo, one of my best friends since I was 5 years old came over with his new wife of a few weeks, Hazel (also someone that I knew in high school) and visited with us for a little bit. They are doing great with Eric in the Army and just becoming a Lieutenant, I believe. They will be living in Georgia for a bit until he is deployed to Afghanistan, most likely.
The rest of Christmas day was relaxing and in the evening, we visited with my dad and grandma and enjoyed eachother's company for a short little while. They are doing great and we are glad we got to be with them on Christmas. Then we spent some time packing our bags, playing Wii and hanging out because the next day we drove towards Disneyland. It was not too bad of a drive until the end when we got into some traffic and we were in a hurry to get to Sears to take pictures of the family. We met with everyone, checked into the hotel and got pictures taken. Each of my siblings and their families got pictures together, and then some other ones with mom and daughters, mom and sons, and other poses. There are too many pictures to put on here, so here is the whole clan that was there, which includes ALL of my living siblings, their spouses, and their kids (if any). What a feat it was to get us all together, which hasn't happened in over 9 years, I think.
On Christmas day, we had waffles and ice cream for breakfast, a very yummy tradition that will never die out as long as I'm around. Here is what my plate looked like with sausage and all:
Then we sat together in the living room and opened presents while Lillie took a nap. This is my mom's living room, which she has changed drastically in the last few years, so it's quite different from when I was growing up. It looks nice though, just different.
Here is Lillie after she finally got one of her presents open. She woke up after everyone was done and opened her presents on her own. She is also wearing a very cute outfit that she got for Christmas from my brother and his family. Thanks again Marc and Heather.
The afternoon of Christmas, Eric Azevedo, one of my best friends since I was 5 years old came over with his new wife of a few weeks, Hazel (also someone that I knew in high school) and visited with us for a little bit. They are doing great with Eric in the Army and just becoming a Lieutenant, I believe. They will be living in Georgia for a bit until he is deployed to Afghanistan, most likely.
The rest of Christmas day was relaxing and in the evening, we visited with my dad and grandma and enjoyed eachother's company for a short little while. They are doing great and we are glad we got to be with them on Christmas. Then we spent some time packing our bags, playing Wii and hanging out because the next day we drove towards Disneyland. It was not too bad of a drive until the end when we got into some traffic and we were in a hurry to get to Sears to take pictures of the family. We met with everyone, checked into the hotel and got pictures taken. Each of my siblings and their families got pictures together, and then some other ones with mom and daughters, mom and sons, and other poses. There are too many pictures to put on here, so here is the whole clan that was there, which includes ALL of my living siblings, their spouses, and their kids (if any). What a feat it was to get us all together, which hasn't happened in over 9 years, I think.
We had a great time hanging out and trying to get everyone to hold still and smile for the picture. I think it turned out alright. We then went out to eat at FatBurger and hung out with tons of kids running around. Then back to the hotel to rest up for Disneyland the next day. Report on that will come next, and we're almost done. Enjoy this for now.
3 comments:
Lillie is looking so grown up! I love the family picture too!
I just might have to try the ice-cream and waffle thing.
Wow, you guys did a lot over the break! It looks like you had so much fun, and how great to have the whole family together!
Post a Comment