

As I compare these two pictures it makes me think: the grass really is greener over here...hehe. But I still find this picture of the Utah landscape just as beautiful. I have noticed a lot of differences in the insects and creatures that are in this area. Yet, I wonder if I just notice them more now that I am pointing everything out to my curious toddler. Everything is so interesting to her and it gives me a wider perspective on the world around me. We have really enjoyed our past week outside and Lillie goes up to almost everything and goes WOW!!! We have spent a ton of time at the park. We also got out the bike the other day; we have a child seat for the back and Lillie loved her first bike ride with mom.
As for interesting creatures, this picture is from just outside our window. Lillie and I noticed this nest of webs a few weeks ago start growing and growing, I was a little worried we would get a huge spider infestation. Then, today I saw hundreds of little worms crawling through these webs. We looked them up and they are called webworms, good name for what they do. Their webs can cover whole trees sometimes and I am soooo glad they aren't spiders because we have about 5 of these nests in the tree next to our windows. Their pretty cool, eh?
1 comment:
I'm sorry to say that the tree next to your house is kind of done for. Those web worms do a good job of killing trees. Let's your plants have some special anti-worm agent! I agree, though, better that they are not spiders :)
Post a Comment