Friday, May 1, 2009

When the Cat's away...

You all know the phrase. Well, when Anna is away, the Mikey will play. Hehe. Not really. I just thought I would tell people how bored I am without Anna and Lillie here. They are in Idaho/Utah for Anna's good friend Kamilla's wedding and for some visits with family. I am stuck here in DC/Virginia spending hours and hours writing up psychiatric interview reports and biochemistry group project reports. woo hoo. (note the lack of enthusiasm). It might be fun if it didn't take so much time. Oh well. Now I'm an expert on Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and on Glucose and Chylomicron metabolism in adipose tissue. Here's a little taste of my life right now:

2 comments:

sarah louise said...

Alec has OCD bad. Maybe you could shed some insight?

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

OCD in kids:
A child must have either obsessions or compulsions, but not necessarily both, to qualify for a diagnosis of OCD. Obsessions are persistent ideas, thoughts, impulses, or images, experienced as intrusive and inappropriate, that cause marked anxiety or distress. Compulsions are repetitive behaviors (e.g., hand washing, checking) or mental acts (e.g., counting, repeating words silently) the goal of which is to prevent or reduce anxiety or distress, not to provide pleasure or gratification. Obsessions or compulsions must be severe enough to cause significant distress or impairment or take up more than 1 hour a day. It is not uncommon for children, especially younger children, with OCD to have clinically significant compulsions without the insight or ability to describe obsessions. This condition is known as "OCD with poor insight."

If that doesn't clear anything up, let me know.