Friday, July 17, 2009

New Mexico

For the past week I have been in New Mexico with my sister's family. I would post pix but my curious toddler through our camera down the stairs and oddly enough it doesn't work anymore. My older sister has 2 girls one is 4 and the other is 2 (just 9 months older then Lillie). There seems to be a bit of a power struggle between Lillie and the 2 year old for who's the baby. I think it will be a good experience for both of them since they will both have a really baby on the way (my sister is also preggers). But over all the girls get along really well and are having a blast. I am tired and grateful I can nap at the same time as Lillie, but other then that I have been feeling pretty good.

My sister was diagnosed with Paroxysmal Kinesigenic Dyskinesia which is a rare disease that causes paralysis and seizures. She has some medication that helps but she has been pretty sick moving into a new trimester of her pregnancy, so I am glad I'm here to help with her girls. We will be here in New Mexico until Mid-Aug.

Mike is at his ODS training for the Navy, he says it's a bit harder then he expected. No one knows what they are doing and for everything they do wrong the Chiefs and Senior Chiefs make them do push ups. He says his arms are getting pretty sore and he is having a really hard time with the crazy training waking up at 3:30 am, being told exactly how to do everything, and a rigorous workout and study program. His roommate is also LDS and so is another guy LDS going through the med core training with them too. Yesterday they gave each other blessings, because it was getting so hard. Mike said it made all the difference today and it feeling much better. Lillie and I don't get to talk with him much, because he has so much he has to do there and they have to earn their free time. We miss him and we are so proud of him and grateful for the sacrifices he makes for our little family. Just 4 weeks left though we can make it.

No comments: