Thursday, January 14, 2010

Boy Name Ideas...by Mike

We have been considering a lot of names. Here are some ideas (in no particular order):

Gideon
Matthew
Michael (probably for middle, not first name)
Jacob
Samuel
Shrek (Lillie's choice)
Allen
Don
Victor
Alex
Myers
Tristen
Eric(k)
Some French names I like:
Yves
Blaise
Guy (pronounced Gee with a hard 'G')
Guillaume

We really don't care if you don't like a particular name because we'd choose it anyway, but we'd like to hear any other ideas you might have.

14 comments:

Rita said...

I am partial to Matthew Allen and Christopher Michael. The combination of Michael Myers is too much like the "Halloween" movie(per Victoria). Just be mindful that it is not a name that kids can be made of. But whatever you decide, I am sure would have been chosen after careful thought and prayer. I will love whatever you choose. Love, Mom

Rita said...

That should have said: "that kids can make fun of." Mom

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

Its good to see you found a way to make comments mom. Love ya

Geneen said...

Gideon is my pick! I like the name, and it reminds me fondly of 7 brides for 7 brothers, which is the awesomest. :) Gideon Jacob Gardner

sarah louise said...

Shrek is funny. Brynn wanted to name Alec Harry Potter. She still remembers this and thinks it is so funny that she wanted to name her baby brother this.

Looks like with big families and lots of names you might have to duplicate :)

Our vote is Shrek :)

sarah louise said...

Oh and I love Samuel. I think we would have used that name if we had had another boy. It was in the running with Alec.

Kristen said...

Jacob Michael! We're going to name our next boy Jacob. I know you don't care, but please don't name him Tristan!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

petey said...

you gotta go with shrek.
that's a must.
and a fun tradition to let the siblings name their new little brothers/sisters...

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

Geneen: We have loved Gideon since before Lillie was born. A lot of my family has already made fun of it though, so it's a little lower on our list. sad.

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

Sarah: Samuel is a top choice.

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

Kristen: Tristen rhymes with your name. Whats the big deal? =) But don't worry, its a little lower on the list.

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

Pete: Lillie also likes Woody and Buzz. Those might be a little better, don't you think? :)

gretta said...

myers myers myers

MJ said...

For some reason, I really like Victor Allen Gardner. It sounds like such a strong name. :) I'm so excited for your little boy! Keep us updated!