When I hear about experiences that happen to other people like the one I had today I always laugh. Today I was too tired to, so I am blogging about it so I can laugh at it tomorrow. It's my fault I am so tired. First, last night Mike and I decided to stay up late and watch "Where the wild things are" (a little weird but not bad) from the redbox. I think we wanted to pretend we don't have a brand new baby. Then, Lillie woke up uncharacteristically early this morning. Then, that 2 to 3 hour nap Lillie almost ALWAYS takes wasn't happening for her. So After an hour I told Lillie she was just going to have to have quiet time while I slept. A half hour later she was at the door to tell me she was "poopie", so I went to change her.
What I found... was my VERY semi-potty training daughter had taken off all her clothes, including her diaper, and had pooped on the rug. Then she took every tissue out of her jumbo Costco tissue box to "clean it up" mostly rubbing it into the rug more and spreading the mess out. I also found a plastic Easter egg we let her have in her room FULL of a great surprise, you can have it if you can guess the surprise.
I am proud to say in my fatigue I didn't get angry, I just couldn't laugh. So tonight I am going to bed early and tomorrow I will read this post so I can.
4 comments:
oh my goodness. that takes the cake. you should check out my facebook video of the girls "artwork" on my fence, but i think you're story tops mine. i'm so sorry. so for future reference, what did you use to get the stuff out?
I am so sorry! It always happens when you are at your most tired, worn out, or stressed out, your kids make life just that much harder. Poop is the worst though!!! Brynn used to do that. I still don't think I can laugh about it. It still makes me sigh when I think about it.
Why do you have to live so far away? I would love to come over and take your kids so you could have a nap. With your next baby make sure you live closer to your sisters :)
Thanks Sarah. I really do think it's funny today, but not quit laugh out loud funny though. Let's just hope it doesn't happen again. For our next baby well at least try to be on the same side of the country. love ya
Oh, so sorry Anna. But, I second Sarah. You need to move closer.
Post a Comment