Tuesday, July 27, 2010

4th of July on the National Mall


Sorry this post is so late Lillie was playing with our SD card (she made it into a "sandwich" and hid it in her kitchen) and we haven't had the pictures.

This was my first 4th of July away from my family and I was a little home sick for a pool, more kids around than you can count, and the busy noise that comes from family getting together. But we had a lot of fun.

My mom made this 4th of July cake when I was about 9 or 10 and has made it every year since that I can remember so I continued the tradition.
Uncle John John came from Phillie to celebrate the fourth with us. He has been coming to visit a few times a month for the past few months and we have loved having him around.
Here we all are having a BBQ

We had our own fireworks early because we headed up to the capital to watch the fireworks there. Lillie loved the sparklers.

We drove up to DC were we met up with thousands of people to watch the Fireworks. We sat on the grass by the Lincoln Memorial. The show was really fun and it was so exciting to be on the National Mall to watch them.

No comments: