Monday, February 21, 2011

Valentines day 2011

Lillie and I made cookies... They were awesome!
Then I bundled up the kiddos (not too much because it was like 65 outside) and headed out to Manassas where Mike was working that day and we found a great park to sit down for our traditional Valentine's day picnic. We have done this every year since Mike and I had been dating. When the weather is bad we just have an indoor picnic on the floor. We get fancy cheese like port de salut, munster, and rich and creamy brie. Then we get French bread, crackers, fruit, Orangina, Martinellies, and whatever fun thing we can think of and we use this fancy picnic basket my mom gave me years ago and voila, an awesome picnic.

When we got to the park it was perfect. Great temperature, nice and quiet. But within 15 minutes after we were all set up and comfortable, a grounds-keeping crew showed up to clean up some fallen branches. It got a bit loud with their wood chopper, but it was great because it kept our squirmy little boy mesmerized while we enjoyed our feast.

He wouldn't even peel his eyes away for the picture...
Then we spent what little time Mike had left for his lunch break just playing at the little playground next to where we had our picnic.
There wasn't much else we did. I really have started to feel like our anniversary is more the time for us to show our love for each other between Mike and myself. Valentine's day is becoming more and more a time to express extra love for the whole family. I like it that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a question about your site, would you mind emailing me back @ kthomas@primroseschools.com?

Thanks,
Kathleen

Kimberlee said...

I love this tradition Anna. And Vday is way more of a family day at our house as well.