I LOVE THIS GIRL!!! Who knew 3 would be such a fun time. I am so impressed with this 3-year-old in particular. She is such an amazing help to me and I couldn't get most of the things done that I do without her.
Here she is in her princess crown she got from joy school. A princess can't get wet of course.
She loves to have us build castles for her horses and Barbies, but a monster, AKA Sam, keeps tearing them down so this was her solution.
Pretty clever if you ask me.
We talked about putting on the full armor of God for FHE a few weeks ago and Lillie helped me out.
She likes to pretend she is the animal in trouble and she is asking Diego to save her. This is my mesh laundry bag that cinches at the top. Here she is a doggy stuck in a net.
But out of all the things I love the most about this girl I love how much of a friend she is to her Mommy.
Mike was spending the night at the GW hospital this past Monday for an on-call shift. This is not the first time BTW. After a FHE with another family (their dad was out of town) we came home to get Lillie and Sam to bed. After scripture, prayer, a book, and a song Lillie was ready to sleep. I tucked her in with lots of kisses and hugs then when off to get Sam to bed. I go down stairs to start on some choirs and maybe watch a little TV. Well about an hour after I put Lillie down she crept down the stairs and made a great observation.
"Mom," she says,"your all alone."
"Yes, Lillie Dad is at work tonight. Now it's time for you to get back in bed."
I put her back in her bed and go back down stairs to pick up where I left off. About another 45 mins go by I hear another great observation.
"Mom, are you lonely?"
"Not too much honey. I have to clean the house will you please go back to bed?"
"Can I help you so you won't get lonely?"
I was torn by this question. I was touched by the sweetness of this girl and yet was she just wanting to stay up? She is normally really good about staying in her room after we put her to bed so I came to the conclusion that she really was worrying that her Mommy was all alone. I then welcomed her company. She helped me finish putting toys away, unpack and pack the dishwasher, and we played a little Mario Brothers Wii. Then she insisted she needed to sleep with me in my bed. Again this is not a frequented thing for her, so I was touched. Though she is a big wiggler I let her sleep with me. To tell the truth I really enjoyed spending that time with her and I don't think it is something I will forget anytime soon.
Lillie I love you so much and I thank my Father in Heaven every day for you. Thank you so much for your love and your concern for you mommy.
3 comments:
Brynlee used to play that she was one of the wonder pets and we had to save an animal in trouble. But I always had to help because...TEAM WORK! Love your Lillie.
She is so cute! Very creative
She is so sweet!
Post a Comment