Thursday, December 29, 2011

Trip to California part 1

We went to California for Christmas this year. The kids and I headed out a few days before Mike on December 14th. We landed in SLC and spent the night there so I could see my family for a while. I was on the phone for hours arranging it so I could be in SLC for a few hours.  It was totally worth it. I got to have dinner at my brother Andrew's house with his family and my sister Rachel and her hubby Jordan. The next day my Parents came with by little brother and sister. Then my sister Gretta came and took me out to lunch. Sam was a little crazy going through the security check and as I walked through and put Sam down to put on my shoes he took off running. What a crazy kid!! It took just a few minutes to find him but we missed our flight by just a few minutes. We had to wait in the airport for a few hours, there was no way I was going to go back through security again, but it was all good. Then we got into Sacramento on the 15th around 11pm. After pretty much 2 long days of travel the kids and I were completely exhausted.

When Mike got in on the 17th he asked me if we wanted to take the kids and head down on a 6 hour trip to Victorville to visit his sister Denise and family, he had an interview in Colton just 45 minutes away. Well after all that traveling I had just did I was not really that excited about it. But I am so glad we made the trip that Monday. The drive really ended up being more like 9 hours but it was totally worth it. 

Ken and Denise have a wonderful family. I haven't had much of a chance to get to know all of them very well in the past and we all had a great time. Lillie had so much fun with her cousins even though they are so much older then her. We made cookies and gram-cracker houses, played board and video games, put puzzles together, and had a lot of fun chats.





 In this picture you see Sam shooting himself in the face with a squirt gun. He does the same thing at home. He  tries really hard to shoot other people and things but it is much easier for him to squirt with it pointed at himself. So he ends up just squirting himself. Obviously even he thinks its funny.

More on our trip to come. 

No comments: