We were so blessed to have dad around through Christmas, but sadly he had to work night sift on New Years. The kids and I made the most of it and had a pretty good time.
One of the biggest things I remember as a kid about new years was easy cheese. The kids loved having me write things on their crackers. Sam doesn't actually like cheese of any kind, but he still liked me writing on his crackers.
Isn't Lillie getting great at taking pictures. She took this one of me.We also had a dance party in some costumes.
Then we got a little thirsty so we had a tea (water) party and we talked in our best English accents in everything.
Next we got out the party hats....
Watched Happy New Year Charley Brown on good old Netflix...
Then made a lot of noise as we watched the ball drop. I was a bit of a cheater. I Looked up a website that had a live feed of the ball dropping in NYC and we watched it drop at 9 pm, having the kids in bed shortly after that. They didn't know the difference. That will probably not be the case next year with Lillie though.
What a great party with the three of us. We missed daddy and we hope he can be with us next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment