1. My favorite color is pink. Many people realize that, but one day when I have a son, I’m going to make him wear pink and teach him to not care what people say, even if they think he’s a girl before people can tell.
2. When I was younger, I liked MC Hammer because my initials are MCG, so I called myself “MC Gardner.”
3. When I was a missionary in Orleans, France, I went to “FĂȘte de la Musique” in July 2004. It’s a one night “party” where bands play music all over the streets of the city. I was not supposed to go, but I did anyways because I didn’t want to miss the “cultural experience”, and I almost got into a fight, but I ran. However, about 20 people chased after me and it was like something in a movie. They raised their fists, yelled, and chased after me. I learned my lesson.
4. I am the youngest of 10 children, three of whom died before I was born, and a fourth who passed away in September 2007. I always wonder what my life would have been like if they were all still alive. I probably wouldn’t even know four of my siblings, who were adopted after the first three died. It is something that I could probably sit and think about for a really long time.
5. Don’t be offended, but I am not really a big fan of chocolate, nor of baked goods. I have to pretty much have nothing else at all to eat before I would eat them. Anna probably hates me for it.
6. I am, however, a huge fan of candy! Especially licorice and those really sugary ones that make your tongue sore if you eat too many of them.
7. I used to build forts out of chairs, blankets, and other furniture, then ride my bike to the store with my buds, buy bags and bags of candy, and just hide in the forts for hours and eat the candy.
2. When I was younger, I liked MC Hammer because my initials are MCG, so I called myself “MC Gardner.”
3. When I was a missionary in Orleans, France, I went to “FĂȘte de la Musique” in July 2004. It’s a one night “party” where bands play music all over the streets of the city. I was not supposed to go, but I did anyways because I didn’t want to miss the “cultural experience”, and I almost got into a fight, but I ran. However, about 20 people chased after me and it was like something in a movie. They raised their fists, yelled, and chased after me. I learned my lesson.
4. I am the youngest of 10 children, three of whom died before I was born, and a fourth who passed away in September 2007. I always wonder what my life would have been like if they were all still alive. I probably wouldn’t even know four of my siblings, who were adopted after the first three died. It is something that I could probably sit and think about for a really long time.
5. Don’t be offended, but I am not really a big fan of chocolate, nor of baked goods. I have to pretty much have nothing else at all to eat before I would eat them. Anna probably hates me for it.
6. I am, however, a huge fan of candy! Especially licorice and those really sugary ones that make your tongue sore if you eat too many of them.
7. I used to build forts out of chairs, blankets, and other furniture, then ride my bike to the store with my buds, buy bags and bags of candy, and just hide in the forts for hours and eat the candy.
8. I love to cook. My favorite things to cook always take me a long time though, so I don’t do it very often.
9. I hate taxi cabs!!! Not when I am in one, but only when I am in my own car.
10. I used to go for a drive when I was stressed to calm down, but now it makes me twenty times more stressed to drive around. Even in the middle of the day. Traffic sucks in DC!
11. I secretly wish I could be on American Idle. Even though I know I can’t sing, and I feel like my brain has rotted after watching it, I kinda want to be on the show.
12. I love watching trivia shows. Some of my favorites: Cash Cab, Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader?, and Family Feud.
13. I have one pair of socks that I really like. I am wearing them right now and I wish I could just wear them every day, but that would be gross. I got them when I went bowling and had to buy them because I was wearing sandals and didn’t have my own socks.
14. I have a toe fungus. Haha. It used to be only on my right big toe. Now it has spread to both feet and several toes. Ironically, it only spread since I got medication for it from a doctor. Darn doctors, don’t know what they’re doing… =)
15. I have no debt at all! Hurray! Even after both my wife and I have gone through four years of college and I am in my first year of medical school. Kind of amazing eh? It’s probably not as amazing as you would think because of our circumstances, but I am still proud of it.
16. Sometimes I wish I didn’t have to eat. But then, when I do, I want to do it all the time.
17. Same thing goes for sleeping.
18. I was put in my high school year book as most athletic one year, but it was only because the person who really got the most votes didn’t show up for the picture, and I happened to be walking by at the time. (They did tell me that they remember me getting some votes, but I probably didn’t get that many.)
19. I was also voted as class clown for a couple years in high school. It was mostly because I wasn’t very respectful to teachers and that was apparently funny. I even cussed out a teacher on the last day of class one year and walked out in the middle of class. That’s something I’m not very proud of, but I still look back and laugh at it.
20. I wish I could surf. If you know how, hit me up and we’ll go to the beach and you can teach me.
21. I got expelled from a “gifted and talented education” school in fifth grade. It was a culmination of a lot of things, but the line was drawn when I chased a girl, tripped her, and she had an asthma attack. How was I supposed to know she had asthma? A couple days later, I threw a brick at a bee hive in the school yard when no one was around. Somehow the principal found out and wasn’t happy. What ever happened to “boys will be boys”?
22. I also got suspended my last five days of high school. The principal wanted to keep me from graduating, but I had such good grades there was nothing he could do. Haha. Princi-PAL my eye.
9. I hate taxi cabs!!! Not when I am in one, but only when I am in my own car.
10. I used to go for a drive when I was stressed to calm down, but now it makes me twenty times more stressed to drive around. Even in the middle of the day. Traffic sucks in DC!
11. I secretly wish I could be on American Idle. Even though I know I can’t sing, and I feel like my brain has rotted after watching it, I kinda want to be on the show.
12. I love watching trivia shows. Some of my favorites: Cash Cab, Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader?, and Family Feud.
13. I have one pair of socks that I really like. I am wearing them right now and I wish I could just wear them every day, but that would be gross. I got them when I went bowling and had to buy them because I was wearing sandals and didn’t have my own socks.
14. I have a toe fungus. Haha. It used to be only on my right big toe. Now it has spread to both feet and several toes. Ironically, it only spread since I got medication for it from a doctor. Darn doctors, don’t know what they’re doing… =)
15. I have no debt at all! Hurray! Even after both my wife and I have gone through four years of college and I am in my first year of medical school. Kind of amazing eh? It’s probably not as amazing as you would think because of our circumstances, but I am still proud of it.
16. Sometimes I wish I didn’t have to eat. But then, when I do, I want to do it all the time.
17. Same thing goes for sleeping.
18. I was put in my high school year book as most athletic one year, but it was only because the person who really got the most votes didn’t show up for the picture, and I happened to be walking by at the time. (They did tell me that they remember me getting some votes, but I probably didn’t get that many.)
19. I was also voted as class clown for a couple years in high school. It was mostly because I wasn’t very respectful to teachers and that was apparently funny. I even cussed out a teacher on the last day of class one year and walked out in the middle of class. That’s something I’m not very proud of, but I still look back and laugh at it.
20. I wish I could surf. If you know how, hit me up and we’ll go to the beach and you can teach me.
21. I got expelled from a “gifted and talented education” school in fifth grade. It was a culmination of a lot of things, but the line was drawn when I chased a girl, tripped her, and she had an asthma attack. How was I supposed to know she had asthma? A couple days later, I threw a brick at a bee hive in the school yard when no one was around. Somehow the principal found out and wasn’t happy. What ever happened to “boys will be boys”?
22. I also got suspended my last five days of high school. The principal wanted to keep me from graduating, but I had such good grades there was nothing he could do. Haha. Princi-PAL my eye.
23. I see myself as almost completely opposite from who I was in high school. I am probably more similar than I think, but I like to tell myself I’m a different person.
24. Even after a 12-14 hour day of being at school, I really miss Lillie and Anna! I love them more than I thought I could ever love anyone.
24. Even after a 12-14 hour day of being at school, I really miss Lillie and Anna! I love them more than I thought I could ever love anyone.
25. I was born 16 hours before Feb. 29th on a leap year. I was also baptized on Feb. 29th, 1992.
3 comments:
I am glad you turned out okay even though it sounds like you were a stinker growing up. I am raising a stinker little boy and you give me hope that he will turn out just fine :) We had the police come to our door the other day because Gavin was throwing snow balls at cars!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday again Mikey! We love you even if you love pink. :)
That was fun to read Mike...sorry we missed your birthday party...you can definitely blame Scott for that one!!!:) ha ha ha!!! Happy Late Birthday!!! We are excited to have you guys over on Sunday!
Post a Comment