1. Work hard!

I took my first exam for this semester on Friday and Lillie was hittin' the books like her dad (at least the books that have Elmo or Dora). Hard work is a huge part of success, I think, and I don't know how many emails I've gotten or advertisements I've seen that pretend to have the chance to make big bucks from the smallest amount of effort possible. Even if it were true, I don't think I would want to take part because I enjoy the feeling of having worked hard to reach a goal. The occasional 12-14 hour days (probably more often than we would like) seem to be a small sacrifice when compared to the feeling at the end of knowing we have earned the chance to be where we are. Although we have many years ahead of us, I hope the challenges and opportunity for hard work don't stop coming.
2. Play hard!

Last semester, I had a large block of exams at one time and I would study like crazy and then play hard for a couple days before new material started back up. This semester, my exams are more spread apart, so there's really not the same kind of a breaks, especially after taking an exam. So instead of going crazy, we have to find things to do along the way that keep us sane. Church basketball is something that entertains us. Lillie and Anna came along yesterday and it seems Lillie has picked up a new interest with the big orange ball after seeing dad on the court. I really love having my two girls come watch me play hard and get all sweaty, even if mom is a little hesitant to hug me right after the game. Lillie didn't seem to mind, which may be good or bad when she cuddles up to me. On a different note, I find that the best way to find joy along the journey is to be grateful. However small the thing may be, it can seem so much greater and much more of a blessing if we express our gratitude for it. I have come to appreciate people and most everything so much more when I focus on the things I am grateful for. So here's to playing hard and saying thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment