After being in our new place going on six months now, Anna felt that we needed a little change, so she decided to do some redecorating. Actually, our computer monitor broke and we didn't want to go buy a new one, so we moved the TV to the computer desk and moved all the furniture around to make it look nice. Anna is still rearranging stuff in all the other rooms too. I guess it's just a girl thing to have one little thing bring about a huge change in every room of the house. Here's what our setup looks like now. It
is much easier to see the computer screen, though.

In moving stuff around, we ran into our ice cream maker that happened to have rock salt and everything all ready for us to use it. So, we made some awesome homemade strawberry ice cream twice in the last couple weeks and can't stop eating it once we start. I hope we don't get too fat from our ice cream binge sessions.

Because we eat so much ice cream, we tend to check ourselves on the scale occassionally and sometimes Lillie will go into the bathroom and check out how she's doing on her weight gaining program. She hasn't seemed to put on a lot of weight recently, but she'll reach her goal some day if only she would eat as much ice cream as we do. She gets excited though sometimes, which is always fun to watch.


Also, when we first moved out here, people told us that the weather was much more "harsh" and we weren't quite sure what that meant. Since we've been here though, it seems to make a little more sense. As some of you may remember, there was a
tornado warning for us a few months ago. I was also able to play some football with the elder's quorum in a tropical storm as Hurricane Ike remnants passed over us. Recently, there was a snow storm that dumped a little bit of snow on us in the early morning and by the next morning, every drop of snow had frozen solid to ice! Just imagine all the lawns covered in white that looks like snow, but it's ice! And it all happened in less than 24 hours. It was kinda cool, but a little dangerous. So dangerous that they actually closed alot of stuff down in DC early morning the day the snow became ice, and my school was even closed until 10am. That meant that I didn't really miss anything even though I already decided to sleep in past my 8am class anyways without knowing the school was closed until 10:00. Haha. I guess somebody up there likes me. (don't worry Mom, I wasn't being a slacker, I was actually really sick=) The closing down of stuff even got some
attention from Obama if some of you may have heard about. Here are a few pics of the ice. This first one is at the bus stop where every tiny little leaf on this bush was covered in solid ice.


This one is just outside our door and if you can't tell, there's a little hill covered in what use to be snow, but is now ice. Today, however, it warmed up into the 60's and melted almost every inch of it. Kinda bizarre if you ask me.

Although the weather has been "harsh" and bizarre, that doesn't keep Lillie from keepin' it real. She can't help but be chillin' like a villain. We love her to death.
2 comments:
Very nice I wonder were you get the rearranging bug from? jk
I love that picture of the bush!
Post a Comment