Three years ago, today, I got on one knee and proposed to Anna. What kind of sick joke is a marriage proposal?! But it was no joke. It was serious. So here we are, in a whole new world together. Here's a little story of how it went down:
Anna's sister Gretta, is great with flowers and that girly stuff that I'm not too great at. So, she put together a beautiful bouquet of flowers and put the ring I had bought for Anna on a little string wrapped around the flowers. Then, she planted it in my Jeep. After it had gotten dark, we went for a drive up to the Bountiful temple. I wanted to go right next to it, but the gates were closed so we just walked around the outside. I hid the flowers in my jacket until we got to a nice spot. Then I knelt down and forgot every word that I thought I wanted to say and could only think of about 10 words. Anna thought about saying "No!...April fools!" but noticed how nervous I was and decided to just say "yes".
Don't get too dissappointed that there weren't any jokes, because that comes next. Gretta knew where we were going and what we were doing. But, we decided to pretend like it didn't happen. Anna came storming in with tears in her eyes and complaining of what a jerk I was. I waited outside in the car for about 5 minutes. Then, Anna called me pretending to not know where I had gone and told me to come in. So, I walked in with a big smile on my face and we both said "April Fools!" I still don't know if Gretta fell for it, but we would like to think so. It was great.
So here we are now, throwing pitchers of cold water on eachother in the shower three years later. Happy April 1st!
4 comments:
ya you punked me! I total forgot about that part it was funny
thanks for cutting me out of the story jerk :).
That was cute you guys! I loved reading about it!!!:)
You guys are a cute little family. It's fun to read what you've been up to!
And walk down memory lane...
Post a Comment