Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

We had a great Easter weekend, well it was actually two weekends. A lot of people in our ward leave for Easter, so we had our ward party last weekend and our family party this weekend. Lillie had a blast with both and we loved watching her.
We are part of the activities committee for our ward and this bunny was purchased just to take pictures. There wasn't room in the Easter closet for it so we got to take him home. It is Lillie's new best friend.

These pix are from our ward Easter egg hunt. By the way, around here it is called an Easter egg roll, I just can't bring myself to say "roll" when there is no egg rolling involved.
Then this morning Mike hung out with Lillie while I set up our Easter morning egg "hunt," as much of a hunt you can have for a toddler. We each got a easter present Lillie got a bubble machine I got a new pair of sun glasses (they didn't make it for the picture), and Mike got a beard trimmer/face groomer, which he needs or I won't kiss him anymore.
This is what she came out wearing after hanging out with dad, they grow up so fast...
She LOVED the bunny ears, can you tell?This bunny has a special diet of only Easter sugar candy. Here's Lillie trying to feed it some Starbursts.
This was Lillie's first chocolate bunny. It was a cheapo hollow one. First, she poked out his eyes and then continued breaking it into bits and she only ate a little of it.
She took out all her rage out on the poor thing, and rubbed the rest on her face. This is her angry face. Then there is the Easter dress. It took a little convincing to tell Mike the importance of an Easter dress, but here is our little ham showing it off.
This hair-do took me a while but it was worth it she looked too cute. She sat perfectly still while she watched the Animated Easter story film "He is Risen".

I don't give Lillie sugar very often so she really loved this Twizzler's licorice. Just like her dad (which he picked up from his mom).
Here is our beautiful princess and the cheesest smile she could muster.

We hope everyone had a great Easter!

7 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Her Easter dress is adorable!

sarah louise said...

Easter dresses are a must, I am glad you talked Mike into it. It is adorable!
I remember when you were a baby and on your first Easter we gave you a chocolate bunny. You were only like 6 months old and sitting in your walker and sucked on that thing for hours. There is a picture of you sucking on that Easter Bunny somewhere.

Jill T said...

So did Rita pick up the twizzler thing from grandma and grandpa? My dad likes them too. Lillie looks so cute in her easter dress! Yes, Mikey, they are a must!:)

Rebecca said...

That is the best smile ever!!!

Miles Family said...

I love her dress so much. And I love her little bangs she looks so big.

Denisse said...

Love the little Easter dress (and yes Mike Easter dresses are a must!!!):) Lillie looks adorable! So glad you guys had a fun Easter. It was good to see you on Saturday!:)

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

I never had a dress for Easter...How was I supposed to know it's so essential? I'm glad I gave in though because it sounds like I would have heard an ear full from more than just Anna.