But, I guess as I look back a little bit, at one point I was asking myself if I was married yet, then if I had a baby yet, then if I was in medical school yet and the "are we there yet"s just kept coming. They will always be there and then be gone, but if I don't cherish them while they are here, then there was no point in looking forward to them. So here's my pledge to enjoying the here and now and loving the moment when I can say "we are there".
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Are we there yet?
Tax day has come and gone...Hooray for tax refunds. Easter has come and gone...yay for Easter festivities and candy. General Conference has come and gone...yay for prophets. Aprils fools day has come and gone...yay for practical jokes. Everything seems to be coming and going without ever stopping. But there is always the thought in my head about what is to come. We have found a new place to live and we are very excited to move in at the end of May. After looking at quite a few places and after being quite appalled by the ridiculous cost of rent in this area, we found a place that is perfect. It's much better than what we expected for the amount of money that they want. What a blessing. But, we still have to get through some more stuff before we get to that point. Anna will be going to Idaho/Utah on the 29th for a friend's wedding the first of May in Twin Falls. She'll be gone with Lillie for over a week. I still have to get through a lot more exams and won't be done until the 22nd of May. Which is another thing that seems to be happening too fast and not fast enough at the same time. Having been four years at BYU when we finished the semester this week or next, going another month for school is different and exhausting for me. As you can see, I can be caught catching some ZZZ's when time permits, or if I'm at the library too long.
Hopefully, I won't spend all my time doing this while Anna and Lillie are gone in a couple weeks. I'll have to figure out what else to do with my time, especially without as many dishes to do, toys to pick up, diapers to change, or food to wipe off the walls. I hope I don't get too bored.
But, I guess as I look back a little bit, at one point I was asking myself if I was married yet, then if I had a baby yet, then if I was in medical school yet and the "are we there yet"s just kept coming. They will always be there and then be gone, but if I don't cherish them while they are here, then there was no point in looking forward to them. So here's my pledge to enjoying the here and now and loving the moment when I can say "we are there".
But, I guess as I look back a little bit, at one point I was asking myself if I was married yet, then if I had a baby yet, then if I was in medical school yet and the "are we there yet"s just kept coming. They will always be there and then be gone, but if I don't cherish them while they are here, then there was no point in looking forward to them. So here's my pledge to enjoying the here and now and loving the moment when I can say "we are there".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for this post Mike. I too need to be reminded every now and again to live in the moment.
Post a Comment