Sunday, May 10, 2009

Anna's Tribute to Mother's Day

When visiting my family the past week and with Mother's day coming up I had the chance to reflect on the many women I have learned from. Not just my own Mother made me into the person I am today.This post is a tribute to those women and the things they gave me through their example. These are in no particular order.

My own mother taught me to most important thing of all, to have faith in my Lord Jesus Christ. She may be a bit crazy but who wouldn't be after raising 12 children, but she always believes God guides her actions.

My sister-in-law Tami taught me the importance of being a patient mother. She handles stressful situations with grace which has taught me so much.

My sister Gretta was a great example of giving. Clothes, make-up, you name it, she always let me borrow her things growing up and was pretty gracious in what she gave to me. She still is that way.

My sister Liz is an energetic, loving person. All children love Liz because she is so full of energy. She also has no bias toward those she loves and is a great example.

My sister Rachel, she hate's it when people say this, but she is a born mother, she may not have children yet but she will be an amazing mother someday. She is the most reliable, hard working
person I have met in my life. She is caring towards others and always shows compassion to those around her.

My sister-in-law Kim is the most organized person ever. She claims this is from OCD, but I think she just understands God's command to have a house of order to a T. She also is just full of joy
and knows how to laugh. Life is hard but Kim seems to see the fun in all it has to offer.

My sister Sarah is a wonderful homemaker and is extremely talented. She seems to be a jack of all trades and is good at so many things. She also is an excellent example of self-discipline, and is an inspiration to me in the things she accomplishes through this virtue.

These are things that make a Mother to me. I may need to work on some of them harder than others but I am forever grateful of the examples of these great, amazing women in my life that have helped shape me throughout my life. Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

sarah louise said...

My sister Anna is a an amazing example of unconditional love. She loves her husband and daughter fully and passionately. She also always sees the silver lining in everything and is very positive. I could learn a few things from the example she sets. Her daughter and future kids are very lucky to have her as a mother.
I love you sweet pea. Happy Mother's Day!

Miles Family said...

I Love you Anna, and you are an amazing mother and sister.

Kimberlee said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Anna. Lillie and Mikey are sure lucky to have such a wonderful mother and wife. You really are AMAZING!