Saturday, May 16, 2009

Over 5000 miles in one week


I realized I haven't posted anything about my trip to Utah/Idaho. We traveled over 5000 miles in just one week, quit a feet with a toddler. I went to go to a friend's wedding at the Twin Falls Temple. I met her when I just moved to Burley at 12 and we were inseparable for years. I started with a few days visiting by big bro Andrew's family in SLC. They have 7 beautiful children and the last two are twins just a few months younger than Lillie and then their next oldest is a little over a year older. They all had so much fun playing while the older kids were in school. This first one is my younger sister, Emily and my niece Misty.
This on is Violet, my niece, who loved playing with Lillie as you can see. They played together with this little car for hours!They also had a blast in this little play house.Our next stop was a two hour car ride away in Pocatello ID at my big bro Spencer's house. They have two adorable kids. Lillie loved playing with her cousins and she learned her cousin Jace's name the first day we were there it was quite impressive. Spencer and his wife Kim decided to take us all out to the "circus" It was the lamest show ever. It was way over priced, $60 for 4 adults. The only animals were one old elephant, that was only for people to ride during intermission, and a few dogs and ponies. The human tricks were pretty lame and the ring announcer threw in as much advertising for the cheap crap they had for sale as much as possible. All in all we were very disappointed.

The day of the wedding, May 1st, was a little crazy and I don't really want to talk about the getting lost for close to an hour looking for the freeway entrance in Pocatello and the speeding ticket I got making up for lost time on the way to Twin Falls. I barely made it and I was so embarrassed walking into the sealing room after the doors had already closed. BUT I MADE IT. She was beautiful, the most beautiful I have ever seen her. Part of that I know is because of how happy she looked.


This picture is of Kamila's youngest sister Olivia. I remember helping Kamila watch her when she was Lillie's age and she was a big help in keeping Lillie entertained at the luncheon and reception after the wedding in Burley.

The next day, Spence and Kim also treated us with a trip to McDonald's. Lillie LOVED the play area there and hanging out with her cousin Brynlee. Then we got some ice cream at this cute little ice cream place.
Isn't Jace a Cutie!!!

Thanks SO MUCH Spence and Kim for letting us stay it was a blast.

Then on Sunday Lillie and I headed back to SLC for my nephew Dillon's B-Day. My sister Liz made dinner for over 30 people, crazy. It was really fun we didn't see much of Dillon though. He had some friends over and just hung out with them. I had fun chatting with family and Lillie just loved the fish tank there. She spent a lot of her time looking at the fish and washing the glass after putting fingerprints all over it.
Once again, Lillie was hanging out with her cousin Violet, as they looked at the fishies.The next few days we spent at my parent's place in Payson. We got to see the new X-Men movie and just spend time with family. We came home on the 6th and we are so excited to make our way back in a few months for the fourth of July. If we didn't get to see you this time, make sure we see ya then. Bye.

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

The "circus" was worse than lame! But thanks so much for coming and staying a few days. It was so fun to spend sometime with you guys. Hope we will get to see you next trip as well.