Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baby update... Nope he's not here yet.

I had a doctors appointment today and just wanted to put a little update about how things are going. (Especially since the last one I made was back in October). He told me I am fairly effaced, the babies head is at a O station, and I am dilated to 1 cm . With Lillie I was about the same around this time. Here are some comparative pictures between this pregnancy and my first.

This time: 12 Days before due date.
Last time: 9 days before due date.
This time: 21 weeks.
Last time: 21 weeks
We think we have a name picked out, but it's one of those situations where we really think we need to see him to see make a final decision.

We are just grateful he hasn't made his appearance during these snow storms. All the snow around here, and not having the equipment to really handle all of it, has completely crippled the the D.C. area. Mike has been out of school all week and since it started snowing again tonight, with an expected 10-20 inches, he will not have class tomorrow either. If class is canceled on Tuesday and Friday which could be very likely we will have from the 6th to the 16th off. (Monday is President's day no school) We have loved having him home and wish he could have a week break more often. He'll of course have to make up the canceled classes which will probably mean more class in one a single day than usual to make up for lost time.

We'll keep everyone in touch about when the baby comes.

2 comments:

Sam said...

You look awesome! I hope things go smoothly for you!

the phipps said...

Good luck with everything! I can't believe you are due already- time flies (when you're not the one pregnant :)