Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sam's Blessing/ Trip to Utah

Kangaroo Zoo
Our trip to Utah started out with a nice outing with quite a lot of my siblings and their families to the Kangaroo Zoo. This was such a fun place; we all had a blast. These are just a few snap shots I got. (this first one I stole for my sister Sarah's blog)

4 of the 6 girls (plus Sammy)
...Liz, Rachel, Sarah, me

3 of the 6 boys (real men hold babies although Spence is the only one holding his own)
...Spencer, Matt, Andrew
Look at our 2 year old conquer that ladder.
Here's Brynlee...


There was this old man there that made all these fun balloon animals for the kids
Sam's Blessing

We didn't want to interrupt anyone's Sacrament Meeting, among other things, so we blessed Sam at my parent's home in Payson that they just moved into. It was the perfect size for a big crowd and we would have never been able to have it at their old place. The blessing was beautiful and their were 12 priesthood holders in the circle. We feel so blessed to have so many worthy men in our families. We are so grateful to everyone who was able to make it and sad for those who couldn't.

For Lillie's blessing a few people took notes for us (something that I never even thought of) and we were able to piece it together really well for a record. I was prepared this time and took great notes and had Mike help me fill in the gaps after the crowds had gone. I think this is such a special thing for my children to have a record of their baby blessing and I hope we can do as well with our future children as well.

Fun with Cousins

Lillie always has so much fun with her cousins and seems to learn so much from them, especially in terms of language development. Here's some other stuff she did:

Hiding in the closet eating chips...

Getting into mommy's make-up...
We spent quite a lot of our time at grandma's house where Lillie's cousin Alena lives. They got along remarkably well and did pretty much everything together.

They played silly games together.

Loved Aunt Emily to death.
Watered grandma's garden. Lillie got very sad when Alena had to go to school and opted out of a lot of things with mom to play with her Alena. They had the best time together.

Then at my brother Andrew's, Lillie loved to spend most of her time with her cousin Violet. Though she has twin cousins her own age, Lillie really likes girl's older then her and seems to gravitate toward them.

I also went to a wedding for one of my best friends from high school, Jada. But being my lame self :) I forgot the camera to take any pictures so I will have to steal some when she finally gets around to posting some on facebook and make a blog about that later.

It was actually a great trip both my kids were amazing on both plane rides, I was so grateful since I was alone on the way home. Everything went very smoothly and since we had the blessing for everyone to come to we didn't have to spend a lot of our time there traveling, which is really exhausting and we have done our past few trips to Utah. We loved seeing everyone and we look forward to our next trip.

No comments: