Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sam at Six months


We had Sam's 6 month check up today. My beautiful boy was laughing and giggling the whole appointment. Lillie was just played peek-a-boo and had him laughing so hard he got hiccups. That is until those shots. When the doctor brought out the needle Lillie said "It's okay buddy, I'm here this will hurt a little but I'm here,I'm here," and she held his little hand with her little hand. What a sensitive little guy I have, as soon as we were done he just cuddled up to me and cried for probably 20 minutes. He really isn't a crier so this was hard on me. I'm so glad I had Lillie there for moral support of the both of us.

The fun part of a check up is to see how Sam has grown.
19 lb 2 oz = 75 percentile
28.5 inches=97 percentile.

A little about Sam at 6 months.
  • Rolls over both ways
  • He is very bouncy. His favorite thing is his bouncy chair. Give him his binky and put him in there and he will stay happy all day.
  • He will reach for anything within arms length and I feel I have grown an extra set of hands I have no control over. He also has started passing things from one hand to the other and examines them very closely with his lips in an O shape and his eyes as big as they can get.
  • Out of all the things he likes to grab, pieces of fabric are his favorite and he loves to hold onto a little blanket.
  • He will stare at anyone and everyone until they give him a smile so he can give them a big cheesy grin right back.
  • He has his first 2 bottom teeth (they were hard for him and it threw off a lot of things so glad that is over for now and we are not looking forward to the next ones)
  • The first few months Sam didn't like his binky but with the arrival of those teeth it has become his best friend, and Mom's too.
  • He is the most cuddly baby ever! There will be times when he will just lay his head on Mom's or Dad's shoulder and wrap his little arms around our neck and just stay like that for as long as we let him. It's not just when he's tired either, he just loves to be close. He will babble and talk to us while cuddling, it seems as if to just let us know he's still awake. Both of us LOVE this and soak it up.
  • Sam loves to be tickled and all you have to do is hold your hand over him in the motion and he has started to anticipate it and will start laughing before he is even touched.
  • He loves loves loves his sister!!! I never thought a baby could love a child as much as I see Sam with Lillie and she just loves him right on back. I have never felt such joy in my heart.
  • He loves peek-a-boo and all you have to say is "peek-a..." and he knows that punch line is coming and he will just laugh before you even get to the "boo".
  • He is well on his way to sitting up unsupported and will do it for a few seconds at a time. He has also started to stand up when you put his feet flat, before he would just stay relaxed like a wet noodle.
  • He has finally learned to get those feet to his mouth and thinks that his feet are SO FUNNY.
  • He sleeps well through the night and most of the time all we have to do is put him in his bed with his binky and he will fall right to sleep. SO AWESOME. (VERY different from Lillie)
  • His beautiful red hair is always the talk of the town. It has grown out a lot and seems to want to defy the laws of gravity I just love it and it is just Sam.
  • His eyes seem to have settled on a deep dark brown and they are so full of light and life.
It is hard for me now to remember life without this amazing, happy baby. When I was pregnant I remember thinking how can I ever love something as much as I already love Lillie. But it is almost a miracle how the heart grows and swells with each baby. He is so so different from his older sister and that is what makes him unique. We are all blessed with this little ray of sunshine I am so grateful for him and I love this little one more than I could ever say in words.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I really like his hair Anna! He sounds like a wonderful baby.