For those of you who don't know Mike and I took a trip to New York City!! A wonderful women with six older kids offered to watch Lillie and Sam while we took off, just the two of us. So we haven't done anything like this since our honeymoon and I'm telling you it was long over due and AWESOME.
We started our trip on a water taxi that took us all the way around the skyline and under the BMW bridges and all the way out to Stanton Island and the Statue of Liberty. It was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed seeing the whole city from the water and Mrs. Liberty is beautiful. The tour also talked about all the historical buildings around the shore. For future reference, and for all you out there, there is a free ferry that will take you out by The Statue of Liberty, but not around the island, I'm not quite sure if I would recommend the water taxi, this costs money, though we did enjoy it.
We had a bit of ice cream while we waited to get on the boat.Waiting at the docks you can see Brooklyn across the water.
Finally aboard.
This building under construction is being built on ground zero where the Twin Towers once stood. The tour guide said, "Anyone can try to keep us New Yorkers down and we will just build right back up." I like that:)
This is the Empire State Building from the shore.
The whole sky line.
Lady Liberty!!!
Wall Street.
The Charging Bull on Wall Street. Crazy mom with her baby next to us.
The Time Square New Years Ball.
Time Square... pretty cool eh.
The top of the Empire State Building
We took this over the edge you can see the shadow of the Empire State building.
Looking down on the Chrysler Building. Though it may not be as tall as the Empire State I think it is quite a beautiful building.
Happy Couple. We tried to call people from us there and we couldn't get a signal they must have some kind of block for cell phones or something.
The lobby coming out.
For all you 30 Rock fans out there this is right in front of the Rockefeller Center. We where they the two days after Easter and they still had the awesome Easter decorations out in front.
Pretty cool
No we didn't see Tina Fey.
With our time crunch we didn't make it into a session at the Temple but we had to so see it.
We didnt' want to pay like $20 a person to go through but I wanted to see the Guganhim Museum. I really love to work of Frank Loyd Wright. We both just stepped inside just to say we have been.
This dude sits here all day just outside of Central Park. Mike was a punk and didn't want a picture. We rented some bikes just out side Central Park and rode all the way around. By this time be and only an hour before we needed to get on the bus back to DC so we where a little pressed for time. I wish we could have stayed longer I loved it.
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir in Central Park. So fun
I wanted a picture here because this is a pretty popular place for film... like Enchanted. Love that movie. This is where you can rent a row boat and go across, like in Enchanted. I wish we would have had time I totally would had done it.
Just outside the Columbus Circle metro where we got on to go to our bus.
It was only two days, but two days of fun. It was great to get to know the streets and subway, so much easier to get around then the D.C. area. And it was great to spent some time alone with my sweetheart.
PS We didn't get any pictures with him but we stayed with Mike's cousin Stephen Frandsen and we went out to dinner with him and his cute fiancée Hillary. Thanks so much. Stephen and his production company Big Iron Productions are working on a project about a Duck Beach. Don't know what I am talking about check this out and you can also help sponsor there film http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1455369505/duck-beach.

1 comment:
You lucky ducks.
Post a Comment