After the Frandsen Family Reunion we headed up to my sister Gretta's for a while in Kaysville. While Gretta and I were chatting Sam disappeared for a while this is where I found him. 
Lillie loves her cousins Emmie and Eva. this is them bright and early watching PBS kids while eating breakfast.
All the kids loved these little scooters. I think they are so cool all you have to do is wiggle the steering wheel and the scooter will move forward all on its own. All the kids had so much fun on them going down this little hill and they can hold up to 250 lbs. so I would ride down with Sam and he just thought is was awesome.
The girls found so many fun things to do in the garage.
All these kids love each other.
We met up with my good friend Jada-Face and her hubby Kyle and took my younger brother and sister, Aaron and Emily, to hike up the Grotto in Payson on the 1st. We left Sammy with Grandma Myers because he was napping, it was good because the water was pretty high and really, really cold.
My brother Matt and his wife Traci had us over for dinner that same evening. They have the cutest little girl Charlotte and Matt's older daughters Page and Jill were there. My brother Spencer and his family and my sister Sarah and her family came over too. It was such a fun time and we all really enjoyed everything so much that we didn't get a single picture: ( I was a little bummed.
Sammy was a little afraid of the sound of the fireworks but he seemed to be safe in Daddy's arms. I love Lillie's face in this picture.
On the 3rd, we went to my sister Liz's for her son Devon's baby blessing. It was so nice to see everyone. Bummed I didn't get pics.
My wonderful sister Gretta has been letting us borrow her car while we are here and on the way back from Liz's, with the hot weather plus a really big bump in the road, one of the tires blew out. It was a fun adventure and 3 cars pulled over to the side to help us out.
Because of the tire we were a little late starting out on the 4th because I had to take the van down to Wal Mart (the only tire store open on the 4th in Payson) to get a new tire put on.
This is Mike and Sam getting ready to head over to the Provo 4th of July parade.
After the parade we headed over to my sister Rachel's and had a few Popsicles and Creamsicles and chatted for a while.
Then we were on our way back to my parents' house for the 4th of July celebration. My mom had a great set up in her yard and they have a huge above ground pool. She hired a few life guards to keep an eye on the pool so all the little ones running around were safe and the adults could just chat. Mike was there for a while and had a chance to have a great BBQ steak and ribs before I drove him to the airport to head out to San Diego for his rotation at the Navy Medical Center. I wish he would have made it into some of the pictures but he was really there.
My sister-in-law Kim and I had the same idea this year of getting a bunch of glow rings for this kids. They all loved them. We had fun with fireworks and all the little ones loved the sparklers.This is Lillie's personal collection of rings.
This is a random picture of my little brother and I after running in a huge rain storm. It's easier to see how wet Aaron is then me but we got pretty wet in a matter of minutes.
I still can't believe it but my baby brother is 17, this is his little party we held for him. 17 really? What is happening how is he getting so big. He is such an amazing young man and I am so proud of him and I love him very much.
Fun Lillie!! She is having so much fun at her grandparents house.
The past few days I have gone to 3 of my nieces birthdays, Charlotte's, Alena's, and Violet's, and had a lot of fun at the Stake Pool party at the Payson pool. (Lillie is taking swim lessons there BTW more on that to come.)
For those of you who don't know I really like to do home projects. Since moving out of my parents home 6 years ago I haven't had a lot of opportunities to do any so when my mom told me she wanted a second little pocket door in her bathroom I jumped at the chance. It took me 9 days and I had help from my mom, little brother and my dad, who did all the electrical, but for the most part I tore down the wall up in the frame, hung the door, put up the sheet rock and mudded the walls. I really enjoyed it all!!!
All in all it has been a really busy couple of weeks and I am having so much fun with my family here in Utah. I am missing my love as he is far away for the month in San Diego but we get to video chat and talk on the phone often so we are doing ok. More fun to come on our Utah summer. Sorry if I have left out any important things that have already happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment