Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baby Tree

      I am falling so far behind on my blogging I have even failed to introduce the newest member of our family. This is Baby Tree. We have had him for probably 8 weeks. While attending a wedding in Gunnison, Utah this cute little kitten found its way into Lillie's arms then somehow found it's way on Lillie's lap on the ride home to Payson. By the time we were just a few miles outside of Payson Lillie was introducing us to Baby Tree, as she has named him, we call him Tree for short. I then called  Mike's Aunt and Uncle to ask if they knew who this cutie belonged to and they said he didn't sound familiar and told us to keep him. So we did just that. He spent the rest of our trip in Utah with us and we brought him home as a carry on. It took a little convincing for Mike to be sold on the idea of a pet but now he really likes Tree too.

       He was much smaller when we got him and has grown so fast.We don't know how old he is but I think somewhere around 5 or 6 months. We got him at 3 or 4 months. He is an orange tabby with a white belly and 4 white paws. His poor tail looks as if it was jammed in a door or something as a very young age because it is much shorter then a normal tail and has a crock on the end. He is so sweet and good with my kids specifically with my curious Sam who pulls and pries at this poor little guy and Tree just takes it without ever trying to hurt my Sam. I think he might just like the attention. He is really playful and loves following me around to see what I am doing. Many times Mike and I have commented that he doesn't know what purring is for because he is always doing it. He came to us litter-box-trained and he is very clean. He loves to sit on top of our fish tank and watch the fish. He is also a great companion for me when Mike works late and the kiddos are in bed. We have just been loving him and we are so glad he literally fell into our laps:) 
Please ignore how dirty my fish tank is I need to clean it.

2 comments:

sarah louise said...

Oh I love your kitty! I love orange cats. He looks like our George. George is also so patient with our kids and purrs constantly. Cute kitty!

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

He does look like George. I love orange cats too. I think there is something about them that just makes them sweeter. He also matches Sammy's hair I love that.