Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dear Sam

Dear Sam,

Yesterday, after dropping Lillie of at preschool, you and I headed to the library. We arrived a little early and the library wasn't open yet so we went on a walk throw a grove of trees behind the library. I marveled at you as you explored. I love how you don't walk, you run. I love to watch you pick up a rock every five feet just to look at it briefly and throw it, if it landed on the grass you would carefully put it back on the path with the other rocks. I loved to watch as your three foot self picked up a six foot stick to poke bushes and trees. Then at the end of the walk you would stop drop down quickly and sit and laugh then stand up and walk a little further then do it again I was not sure what was so funny but I couldn't help but laugh too. Your eyes shined and your smile was so bright. You love to be outdoors, you love to explore, you are so fun and amazing. This 30 minute walk with you filled my heart with joy as I watched all these little things. I love you and I am so grateful you are a part of this family.

Love
Your Mom

1 comment:

sarah louise said...

I remember doing that with Alec after I took the other 2 to school. He was probably 3 and we would walk and I would watch him run through the leaves and pick up sticks and I thought I always want to remember this. Those memories are the sweetest.