As I was walking home from the Metro in the rain, I noticed several wiggly little creatures on the sidewalks and I had a crazy idea! I came home and asked Lillie if she wanted to take our umbrellas out and go on a worm hunt. She then added to the idea that we should get our little boats and make worm boats. So we took Sammy with us and went on the prowl for some wet wiggly creatures.
After collecting a number of worms and putting them into our "boats", which happened to be burger boxes left over from our visit to McDonalds, we decided to let them float around in the puddles and nearby streams. While Sam was initially interested, he became more excited about just being outside and ran off to "play" in the mud and water. Once he got soaked to the bones and dirty as a pig, we took him inside. It was certainly too premature for him to go inside, so he screamed and protested, but had to warm up and clean off.Once we left Sam inside with Anna, Lillie and I continued on our hunt until we found probably every worm on the sidewalks in our neighborhood. We "set them free" in their boats in a nearby overflow stream of water.
What a fun rainy day activity!







No comments:
Post a Comment