We have some fun cookie cutters and we have been making pretty much everything from sandwiches to mini pizzas into pumpkins, ghosts, bats, and other fun Halloween things.
We went to a fun little place and got some pumpkins. The kids had so much fun just running around and looking at the fun pumpkins that were there.Here we are with the pumpkins we picked out.
This is the first year since Mike and I have been married that we carved pumpkins, we usually paint them. The kids loved it and Lillie had so much fun telling Dad how she wanted her pumpkin carved.
Here they are!! Mike and Lillie play a game where they are the bad guys and they kidnap our cat and put him in a "cage" (it is just a little make-shift thing that the cat can easily jump over so it can get away and they can catch it again. The cat purrs the whole time so we think he likes it. Anyways, Lillie wanted to make her pumpkin a cat kidnapper and she wanted Dad's pumpkin to be afraid of her's. Mine is the cat and Sam's has the "dot to dot" smile as Lillie calls it.
Every year the town of Vienna has a Halloween parade. I am not a big fan of parades but I really like this one. It started at 7pm and it is so fun to see all the fun costumes the people have in the parade. We just watched it and everyone gets their kids dressed up, so we got some cute pictures of the kids before we went.
Here are a few decorations we had around our house this year.
My mom use to have a skeleton made of milk jugs and I loved it when I was little so I decided to try my hand at this fun little project. I think it turned out great.
This next one I found at JoAnn's for 50% off:). She is my new favorite Halloween decoration. She is made of metal, she has a bobble head and she moves at the waste. I really cant explain but I think she is awesome.
Lillie's school had the kids do a little Halloween pageant of sorts. It was so fun to see her up on stage singing this cute little song she has been practicing for weeks.Lillie brings something home from preschool everyday. I decided I really didn't want to keep everything forever so I put them one by one up on this wall and we took a picture so we can remember them. Lillie is so proud of them. We took them down for the months of October and put her favorite ones in a scrap book. We will do the same thing for the month of November and so on.
This is only the beginning; we still have our ward Trunk or Treat to go to and then Halloween itself to load up on candy. This is becoming a great time of fun and dressing up. Dad has the next week off too, so we are excited.
1 comment:
Kids make holidays so much fun don't they? Love the costumes! Glad you guys had fun with all the halloween festivities!
Post a Comment