We took the opportunity to talk with Mike nearly every night through Skype. We would have our family scriptures and nightly prayer. Then Lillie would pretty much get herself ready for bed, pull-up on, PJs on, brush her teeth with her new hello kitty electric tooth brush she got for Christmas and get into bed. After she was all set we could Skype with dad again and dad would tell Lillie stories, help her with her prayers, and get her settled in. All this while I tended to Sam and got him into bed. It was so great and it taught Lillie so much more independence when it comes to our bed time routine. It was go great.
I had a lot of good friends invite me and the kids over for play dates, I put the kids in a few classes throughout the county, and Lillie had her preschool class twice a week. We tried to keep ourselves busy, but not stressed. The house cleaning was definitely lacking but let's be honest, it usually is. I also got a little addicted to a stupid Facebook game called CaslteVille, caught up on a few TV shows, and spent a few hours a day on the phone with my hubby. If you don't remember I also had my hand in a brace the whole month from the crazy dog bite. I'm pretty sure that the damage caused by the dog also was a bit of a sprain so a lot of that time was recuperating from that too. We made it through the month though.
The kids kept asking me to take their picture so here are a few.
I'm pretty sure my lens was dirty for these ones they have smudge marks on them.
Lillie went to a birthday party for one of her best friends, Sloan Jensen, and this was what Lillie picked up for her. Anyway, when I was a little girl, our family's dog's name was Taffy so I thought this was kind of fun.
1 comment:
I loved reading all the updates Anna! I'm glad your hand is healed! That doesn't sound like fun! I'm sure it wasn't! I'm amazed when I see photos of your kids! They are getting so big! I remember when Sam was born...it seems like it wasn't very long ago. I will miss you guys!
Post a Comment