Sorry to all my slim followers that are like, "she made her blog private then she doesn't update forever, what the..." Well everyone has their excuses; here are a few of mine...
On New Years, Mike, the kids, and I went to my brother-in-law's. We had fun, ate way too much junk, watched the ball drop, had some Mormon bubbley. Then we heard some fireworks and decided to open the door. In ran a crazed dog. I am not sure but I think it was a miniature pinscher/ very large chiwawa . OOOH scary right? Well I was brave enough (or dumb enough) to try to grab the scared dog's collar and he turned around and gave me a good bite. We ran all the kids upstairs behind a baby gate. The bite bled for a while then I headed over to the ER to get it cleaned out (which invloved a shot of lidocaine and and a crazy painful flush out) and got a tetanus shot and some antibiotics. The dog ran around the house for a few hours like a crazed animal barking and nipping at people until animal control showed up. Then they shewed it out with a noose and it ran home (to "the creeper house" as the neighborhood calls it) where the owners of the dog were very uncooperative with the police. While all this is going on my poor nephew Alec, who has a history of seizures, started having more seizures, which he had been free of for a while. No one knows for sure but we think the dog ran over the top of him before anyone could get him upstairs. I hope this isn't an omen about what this year will bring:(
Crazy Dog -- --
Hand, the day of
Hand 5 days later, note the bruising It has been 6 weeks and my hand is still not 100% and it really hurt for a long time to try to type. I had my thumb in a brace for a while because I really think the dog sprained it. Still if I do something for too long or if I hold something too heavy my hand kind of yells at me. I know, I know whine whine whine. I know it will get better it will just take a little more time.
Then just as I start to have much more use of my hand, our laptop gets a stinkin' virus and we can't stay connected to the internet for more than 10minutes at a time. Our desktop is hooked up to our 32" TV, which is awesome if we want to watch stuff on Hulu/netflix but not so awesome or convenient. The laptop is now in the hands of the Geek Squad so I will do my best on our desktop until we get it back.

2 comments:
oh no Anna! that looks like it hurt! darn dog!
I hope they can fix your laptop, those viruses are annoying!
Ouch! Hope its healing okay.
And that dog is scary.
Post a Comment