Friday, May 25, 2012

Medical School Graduation Baby!!!!! May 2012

May was a great month. We had a great chance to spend so much time with Mike, but the best time of all was to proudly watch this amazing man walk across the stage of the Lisner Auditorium, get hooded and receive his diploma as a MD. I don't think I could ever express my feelings of happiness, pride,excitement, love, relief... It was a great day in the mix of things I forgot my camera. I cried that day but because I forgot my camera I cried harder. Luckily Grandpa Gardner was prepared. 

A few days before graduation they had an award banquet. The dishes looked and tasted so delicious.
 It was also fun to have one last chance to hang out with our favorite Medical School couple the Jensens.
Finally, the moment we have have all been waiting 4 long years for.... MD Graduation. We kind of skipped the university commencements on the National Mall. It would have made for some great pictures in front of the Washington Monument but with an active 2 year old, another couple of hours watching a ceremony on the same day would not have cut if for our family. We did make it to the ceremony for the med school and it was wonderful. 
                                      
He was hooded and received his diploma... 
and signed his name for the first time as...
 Congratulations my love you are now Michael Christopher Gardner, MD!!!!
 After the ceremony there was a quick wardrobe change into his Navy uniform. An oath was said...

 More bars were pinned, Lillie did one shoulder...
 I pinned the other...

And now you are an official Lieutenant in the Navy too.  
One big day in the lives of the Gardner Family. Good-bye George Washington School of Medicine you have been good to us. Now on to a new adventure in our lives.  

2 comments:

Denisse said...

such an accomplishment! Glad we got to share it together!:)

Nesa said...

Congratulations! Lots of hardwork from everyone, huh. Miss you all!