Here's Mikey for our first entry:
When I was a senior in high school, maybe I just got bored easily, but my friends and I came across an area hidden in the middle of Sacramento behind some government court buildings. It was really late one night and we drove around randomly and found a marsh land next to a huge open field with three full-size soccer fields and a play ground nearby. It seemed to be a very random and hidden place for this wide-open field. As we drove by, the headlights in the car reflected back several round, pinpoint eyeballs staring back at us. We decided it would be fun to get out and run after whatever it was that was staring back at us. We found out that they were rabbits. Extremely fast, and sometimes large, rabbits. This became our new favorite thing, and for weeks and weeks, we would go to this area late at night and chase rabbits! Eventually we brought along plastic wiffle-ball bats to see if we could catch one. To our dismay, after many many attempts, we never caught or hit a rabbit. We never actually decided what we would have done if we did catch one, but I think the consensus was at least that we woulnd't kill it or hurt it. We just wanted the bragging rights of saying we caught a jack rabbit. A few of us came very close once as we cornered one next to a chain-link fence and it was too big to fit through it like many of the smaller ones, but then it ran through one of our legs and took off like lightning. For some reason, we thought this was a very fun thing to do and did it all the time. Some other fun and interesting things happened while chasing rabbits, but I'll save those stories for another time.
I will always remember chasing rabbits with my friends in the dark, late at night, behind the government court buildings, hidden somewhere in Sacramento.
1 comment:
I can't believe how time flies. My first memory of you guys is the Bonneville 5th halloween party. Mike was a soccer player and your pregnant belly was a soccer ball. That soccer ball is now 3 years old!
Post a Comment