Friday, January 14, 2011

Flash Back Friday

Anna says:

While growing up, my sister Rachel and I were often inseparable. I loved everything about spending time with her and I really looked up to her. She knew everything and when I didn’t know what something meant or had any question in general I would ask her first before anyone else. Well, whenever it came time to do something new Rachel always went first and it was always a comfort, perhaps even a bit of a crutch. I almost wouldn’t do anything unless I knew Rachel had done it first. One day, my dear sister taught me a great lesson. We were swimming in the canal by our house (I know it is super dangerous) and we came to a drop, it was probably like two feet down or something, nothing really big. I insisted that Rachel go first just to show me how safe it was. She stubbornly sat on the side and told me I needed to go first or we would go no further down the canal, or go back, until I had done it. I eventually went, after much protesting, but from that day forward I had no fear about going on without my sister by my side, though I still preferred her to be there, but the fear was gone. I was so proud of myself and it was a great change in me to know I could do anything I think to be scary. Thank you so much Rachel for pushing me to be better and helping me along my way growing up. Thanks for showing me to my independence.

No comments: