Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pony Rides

So I don't know if I have ever mentioned this but Lillie LOVES horses. She has a lot of horse toys and she plays with them above all other toys. She loves them. There is a wonderful woman in our ward that Mike works with in the nursery that will give pony rides to kids in the ward. Today we took Lillie with some of her friends to her house for some fun. It was better then Disneyland. 

Here is Lillie on Georgey, she is a good pony.
This is Lillie's best friend Sloaney. 
 This is Ezra, Sloan's little brother. He is just a few months older than Sam.
This is Joey and Kate, brother and sister, they are also some of Lillie's best friends. 


More pictures of Lillie.
 This pony is Wes. I have never met such a playful horse. He kept rubbing his head up to Lillie so she would pet him. 

This horse is Eva, what a sweetheart.
 This is Marilyn, she owns the ponies, she is also the nursery leader. I am the Sunbeams teacher and Mike works in nursery and usually takes Sam with him. When Mike is gone on Sundays the leaders are kind enough to take Sam into nursery. He really is not happy with it and it will only last for a while before they have to bring him to me because he is crying so much. Well, while Marilyn was leading Georgey, I kept trying to get Sam to ride and as you can see in this picture he would cuddle up really close to me, fuss, and not let me put him on the pony. He just would look at Marilyn and think she was here to separate him from his mom like in nursery... Smart kid to recognize her outside of nursery.
 So a friend of Marilyn's took the lead. This picture is of Sam getting off once he finally decided to get on the horse and go for a ride. He really liked it and took two turns around the yard, I walked right next to him holding on to him the whole time of course. I'm glad he got a chance to ride.
We all had so much fun and we hope we can do it again sometime.

No comments: